[PLUG] Carla F. - left vs fired and linux

Pete Lancashire nix at petelancashire.com
Wed Feb 9 22:47:30 UTC 2005

Interesting on emails I received, the usual rags from engineering to var
to marketing.

6 "left"
3 "fired"

At least non said she left "to spend more time with her family",
the usual line now days.

as to linux, or I hope anything else of HP, that there will now
be some long(er) term planning.

I've been amazed in my process of job seeking how many HP Unix
shops are or were in PDX. So far about 1/2 of those I've seen,
if you count those that had HP, I'm sure that would rise to 2/3rds

Only two I've talked to still consider HP for new kit, none for
the PARC, oh and for the Alpha.

Sad, the technology, marketing, sales, all pretty much gone,
and replaced with cream coloured box that have serverworks
boards in them. The identical boards that's are Dell kit.

I sure would not want to be the new CEO, no way

-pete