[PLUG] avg software experience?

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Feb 11 23:51:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 12:05 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thursday 10 February 2005 10:57 am, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> > I'm looking for alternatives to traditional, burdensome, antivirus
> > software. Does anyone have experience with AVG at Grisoft .com?
>
> For Windows, AVG can't be beat.  For Linux, ClamAV is a better pick.

F-Secure for Linux catches more viruses than ClamAV.  (Especially
trojans.)  Getting it is more of a pain than it should be.

ClamAV also has problems with false positives on multi-part rar and zip
files.  (Claims they are "oversized compressed files". I have had to
disable that check on scans.)

--
We are living in the "interesting times" the fortune cookies warned us
about.