[PLUG] tinydns problems... help?

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Tue Feb 15 18:30:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 07:55:53PM -0800, Matthew Van Gordon wrote:
> Everyone, thanks for your replies.
>
> I ended up just configuring a BIND9 server to only publish info for it's
> authoratative domain.
>
> I'd still like to know why the djbdns-installer for debian made it so
> that ns and mxz records had their respective type inserted into their
> FQDNs.
>
> Be well,.

I've been using dnscache/tinydns since 1999, and continue to do so and
deploy it for clients.  Rsync+ssh is much better for zone transfers, and
I like the separation of authorative server vs. caching.  I may go back
to BIND just to keep up to date with the latest configurations.  I don't
think djbdns will be implementing DNSsec anytime soon which may get
adopted (but has been stalled greatly the last few years).

For reference, here is my config for subtend.net:

# SUBTEND.NET
.subtend.net::vir.subtend.net:
.subtend.net::navi.subtend.net:
.subtend.net::lumen.cirka.net:
.233.134.146.64.in-addr.arpa::vir.subtend.net:
.208.78.64.in-addr.arpa::navi.subtend.net:
=vir.subtend.net:64.146.134.233:
=navi.subtend.net:216.183.109.14:
+subtend.net:64.146.134.233:
+www.subtend.net:64.146.134.233: