[PLUG] OT: Cisco router

Ken Kirkham KKirkham at AssuredTechSolutions.com
Thu Feb 17 15:46:04 UTC 2005

You mentioned that you were using Hyperterm for this.  The standard
Hyperterm will NOT send a break to the 2500 series when running on
WinNT/2000.  Although you also mentioned the upgraded Hyperterm, perhaps
the Personal version of Hyperterm might help.

>>> nix at petelancashire.com 2/16/2005 10:01:13 AM >>>
Ah brings back memories. In the past with other equip
one may have to 'walk through' all the baud rates.

Did you try the sending a real break, not a character
that performs a break.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12538009~mode=flat

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/1998-02/msg00577.html

break for minicom 'out of the box' may be different

http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/lists/progsoc/1999/December/msg00138.html

ws.edu.isoc.org/data/2003/ 145088522400b83f9b7630/ciscointro.ppt

http://www.netadmintools.com/art98.html

http://www.pantz.org/os/ios/ioscommands.shtml