[PLUG] VB Script Error on Apache Server?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 19 03:23:44 UTC 2005

   This afternoon I went to http://springeronline.com and navigated to the
North America portion. I found the pre-publication listing for my book and,
on the same page, a reference to an article that looked interesting. So I
clicked on the article title (a link), but was shown a Visual Basic script
error. I don't know if it was something missing on my end or the server end.
Anyway, I tried a different link to that article and received the same error
message.

   I checked with netcraft to see what OS and http server was running. It
reported Solaris8 and apache 1.x.x for both Springer names owning IP address
blocks.

   My conclusion is that netcraft finds the main domain, but not the local
servers (e.g., North America) and the latter must be running a flavor of
Microsoft OS and their IIS.

   Is this reasonable? I'm a bit miffed I could not follow that link but I
cannot recall this happening before.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)