[PLUG] Calling command from windows

Michael Montagne michael at themontagnes.com
Tue Feb 22 22:17:08 UTC 2005

I'm running a linux server backing up a windows workstation
environment.  I need to call a python script that exists on the linux
box.  I don't want to install python on all the workstations.  The
program reads a text file that is created by a windows app and actson
the items listed in the file.  My approach is to use cron to watch a
directory using find and -exec.  But that means cron running ths
command every minute of every day.  Seems inefficient.  It seems that
a way to call the python script (with an argument) from windows is
what I really need.  Is that possible?

--
Michael Montagne
michael at themontagnes.com