[PLUG] Muti-Media in FC3

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Feb 23 19:42:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 10:19 -0800, Steve D... wrote:
>   I've been playing around with FC3 these days.  I've noticed that it
> dosn't install many multi-media players by default.  I was running
> Xine on my previous installation.  It also looks like mplayer has been
> catching up with Xine.

mplayer... catching up with Xine?  Naw... it's been lightyears ahead
forever.  :-)

>   Google shows there are lots of choices out there.  What are people
> out there using to play video and multi-media files these days?

Video:  mplayer
Audio:  Beep-MP or AlsaPlayer

IMHO, you don't need a whole big variety... just find one or two
applications that can do what you want and stick with them.  Life is
easier that way.

--
Rob                    |  If not safe,
  http://rob.axpr.net  |    one can never be free.