[PLUG] vim versus the clipboard

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 24 02:14:36 UTC 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Ovid
# on Wednesday 23 February 2005 02:50 pm:

>With gvim, I just did ...
>
>  ggVG and "+y

That should work.

>... to copy the current buffer contents, but that doesn't work when
> I'm using vim in a terminal window.  I thought the "*" buffer would
> work, but it doesn't seem to.  How can I copy the current vim buffer
> file contents to the clipboard (on Fedora Core 2)?

Is this an X11-aware vim?  Is the X server running on the same machine
or is it via an ssh connection? (If so, you need the -X option.)

:help x11-selection

--Eric
--
"Because understanding simplicity is complicated."
                                             -- Eric Raymond