[PLUG] A Resource for New Knoppix Users

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 1 16:26:41 UTC 2005

   From /.:

Posted by michael on Saturday January 01, @08:23AM
from the learning-to-love-linux dept.
chronicon writes "Knowing Knoppix is a beginner-friendly, 134 page freely
downloadable book (released under the GNU Free Documentation License in PDF
format) designed to familiarize new users with the Knoppix LiveCD
distribution, GNU/Linux in general, and (as listed first on the description)
Windows disaster recovery using Knoppix."

   It's a bit over 4M (contents, front cover, rear cover) so I guess now that
when we distribute Knoppix it's a 2-cd set. The author used the 3.3 version;
I've no idea of any differences between that and the current, 3.7 version.

   Find the URL here:
             <http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71597>

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)