[PLUG] Unusual Process Message

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 2 01:21:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Rich Burroughs wrote:

> If it's a zombie I don't think a HUP will do anything. You could kill -9
> it to get rid of it.

Rich,

   No, that didn't get rid of it. But, it did clear up that 'readproctitle
service errors" ... momentarily.

   I shut down and put the UPS with the new battery back on line, traded
monitors since Hyundai sent the warranty replacement (and it has built-in
speakers which the Samsung replacement doesn't) and rebooted.

   That error -- and the zombie is back.

   Time to google and find someone who can help with a daemontools problem.
Dan won't, I know.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)