[PLUG] Unusual Process Message

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 2 01:36:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Time to google and find someone who can help with a daemontools problem.
> Dan won't, I know.

   Oh, boy! I'm not alone in finding this multilog error, but virtually every
reference google turns up is with qmail. That's not the MTA here. I did,
however, learn to find the details, here they are:

[root at salmo]# cat /proc/1384/cmdline
readproctitleserviceerrors:...ccess denied
multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory ./main: access denied
multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory ./main: access denied
multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory ./main: access denied
multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory ./main: access denied
multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory ./main: access denied
multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory ./main: access denied

   Can anyone suggest where I look to learn what this means? Where is that
main directory located? How do I fix this? It's obviously not fatal, but
it's also not clean. A google search on the phrase, "unable to lock
directory ./main" returns 7 hits; all qmail related.

   Does this mean that daemontools should be removed? In my naivety it struck
me as a useful inet service controller.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)