[PLUG] Free Geek in the News

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Jan 4 18:04:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Richard C. Steffens wrote:

> Congratulations to the fine folks at Free Geek for making the front page of
> the Living section in today's Oregonian (Jan. 4, 2005 - for the archives).
>
> I haven't been down there in many months, but it sounds from the article that
> everything is the same, but bigger and better.

I've seen Free Geek mentioned many times on this list and it finally sunk
into the grey-matter that this is exactly what we need up here in the
Coeur d'Alene, ID and Spokane, WA area.
   We've had several discussions at our user group ( North Idaho Linux
Users Group -- NILUG ) about recycling computers.  I saw on the about
page that Free Geek does Oregon and the World :-) so I'm wondering if
there is anyway we can cooperate.
   I have a garage sale planned for this spring ( going to be advertised
as "Guy Stuff" ) with the proceeds going to a local non-profit /
not-for-profit I provide other support to (North Idaho Communities ONline
- nicon.org ).  This will work for a one off but there is a lot of old
semi-usable computers floating around here that could use a more permanent
process.

So I'm looking for any suggestions.

Rod