[PLUG] SCO Insight

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 5 23:34:14 UTC 2005

   A fellow in Alabama posted a request for help on the SQL-Leger mail list
and mentioned that he was in transition from Maytech on SCO-UNIX to
SQL-Ledger on linux for his paper distribution business.

   Being the curious sort I wrote and asked if he was leaving SCO for linux
all-together. He replied that he is; that from what he's learned he thinks
it's in his best interests. For comparison, he told me that the previous
owner paid $33,000 for the Maytech accounting/inventory software, plus $425
per month. Now they're raising the monthly protection payment to $550 and
he's decided that's enough.

   I have been wondering if the mad-SCO disease is causing existing customers
to abandon the company and, at least this one is. I thought it was
interesting and worth while sharing with you. And, look at the cost savings!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)