[PLUG] FTP Client Recommendations

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 17:01:34 UTC 2005

For a number of years, I've been hand building my web sites with a text
editor, but transferring them to my space on Comcast using Dreamweaver's ftp
tool. For my next project, I'm endeavoring to remain completely winfree. So
for, I've succeeded, having developed the site using a Linux text editor
(Kate), and have been testing it on my local Apache server.

I will soon want to post it to one of my Comcast sites. I recall from previous
discussions on this list that plain ftp is a less preferred alternative, but
don't recall what is preferred. From the list archives I see mentions of
SFTP, ncftp, and IglooFTP. What do you folks use for an ftp client,
particularly anyone who is also maintaining a Comcast user web site?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/