[PLUG] Junkbuster-2.0 with Firefox-1.0?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 7 22:55:43 UTC 2005

   I built junkbuster-2.0 and tweaked some of the settings in junkbstr.ini.
Then I invoked it with '/usr/local/bin/junkbuster /etc/junkbstr.ini &' and
configured Firefox to use localhost:8000 as the place to listen for the
tool.

   When I try reloading a page I get a message that the proxy is listening on
the wrong socket.

   I've been all through the junkbuster Web site (which seems quite out of
date in a number of areas) without seeing anything helpful. However, it does
say that socks should be disabled, and that's not possible in Firefox-1.0;
one must select either socks-4 or socks-5.

   Does anyone know how to make these two play nicely together?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)