[PLUG] RE: PLUG Digest, Vol 4, Issue 29

Reid Leake reidleake at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 06:49:15 UTC 2005

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:32:19 PST
From: <techmage at aracnet.com>
Subject: [PLUG] Slackware 10 ISO Install issues
To: <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>

HI,

I've been trying to get Slackware to install from the ISO cd I burned.
The cdrom sees the disc , but won't boot from it.
The Kernel gives an error that it can't find the cdrom, which is SCSI.
I've even tried several different CD -Rom drives, to no avail.
Is there a work around for this, like in the Suse 9.0 case were I built a
set of boot floppies?

TIA,

Harry

I had a similar issue when I installed Slackware, except I had an old IDE
CDROM.
I swapped the drive out with another box and then I had no more problems.  I
had the same problems with that drive
installing Mandrake and Gentoo also.  My Linux box deserved my best CDROM
drive anyway!

Hope that helps.