[PLUG] Convert Sun Ultra5 to Linux

Steven D. Coffman s.coffman at tradetrans.net
Mon Jan 10 22:36:12 UTC 2005

Hi All..
Hope someone knows this. I have a Sun Ultra5 system and I am trying to
install Linux over it. The danged OpenBoot system just won't let me
execute a different boot disk, etc. It keeps going to it's default Sun
system.
I don't want to keep the data or the OS, it's old stuff and I'm using
the box to install our new firewall using Linux.

Any clues to get around this and have it execute the boot disk would
really help.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven D. Coffman
Director
Electronic Commerce & Business Intelligence
TradeTrans, Inc. - Intelligent Electronic Commerce

Phone:     (503) 601-0037
E-Mail:    s.coffman at tradetrans.net
Website:  http://www.tradetrans.net