[PLUG] UPS Automatic Shut-down

Tony Schlemmer aschlemm at comcast.net
Wed Jan 12 23:54:05 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 17:46, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I know that apc makes a utility to shut-down systems when the power goes
> out, and there's at least one other utility to do the same thing.
>
>    If folks are using these I'd appreciate any hints or gotcha's before I
> set up the system here. The UPS-HOWTO is not very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

I've successfully used "apcupsd" daemon for monitoring the APC UPSs we have in
our office. It works with the older UPSs we have that use a serial port for
signaling as well as the newer APC models which use USB. All of the UPSs we
have are the "smart" ones that provide a variety of information regarding
battery charge, load, time remaining, etc.

Tony

--
Anthony Schlemmer
aschlemm at comcast.net