[PLUG] Cool FreeBSD sysadmin job for someone!

Ron Braithwaite ron at nutriware.com
Fri Jan 14 17:32:20 UTC 2005

Well, I saw a posting on a list for a sysadmin job with www.truthout.org
and foolishly applied for it. And they hired me.

Why did I do that? I have too much to do in too short a period of time
to take this on. I'm moving to Canada and studying for the LPI exam
(that's why I quit Free Geek). I must have been nuts.

If I could give them a lead or two for the sysadmin position, we would
all feel better about it.

Here's the scoop. They've got a bunch of FreeBSD machines (and 1 W2K box
you don't have to touch) hosted at rackspace. They want someone to
install Scoop (a very cool Perl app - http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/) on a
new machine and to answer their editors' technical questions. You
generally wouldn't need to deal with end users, just the folks working
on the site. This is a work from home gig, too.

If you want more info, please send an email to Marc Ash
<director at truthout.org> and tell him about yourself. This is a left-wing
news aggregation site, so bear that in mind...

If you want any more info on this, just give me a call at 503-267-3250.

-Ron