[PLUG] memtest86 interpretation

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Jan 16 19:13:25 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Dan" == Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us> writes:

Russell> Someone hates me.

Russell> Back in December, I built an NFS server with four 80gig IDE
Russell> drives, a gig of RAM and a 2.53 GHz P4 on an Intel D845GBV
Russell> motherboard.

Dan> Is this the same one you had a bad processor for a while back at
Dan> the Clinic?

Yeah, sort of.

You might recall that last time I had replaced the motherboard while
trying to find the problem.  The machine wouldn't POST then and it
wasn't clear what the guilty party was.  When I discovered that the
CPU was bad (thanks to your generous loan), I RMA'd the CPU and got a
replacement that has worked since in a desktop box.

The box involved now has the replacement CPU, the pre-clinic
motherboard and brand new memory.  When I built this NFS server, I
ordered a new CPU (a 2.8 GHz) which I put in the desktop box and moved
the 2.53 GHz CPU into the NFS server.

So, actually, none of the physical parts I brought to the clinic are
involved now, except that it involves a motherboard that I had
previously replaced during debugging of that problem and a CPU that I
received as a consequence of that clinic.

seniorr at aracnet.com