[PLUG] Just For Fun: RT Strategy Game Development

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at gencom.us
Mon Jan 17 19:26:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been working on real-time networked strategy game that incorporates
actual Geographic Information Systems (GIS) information and NATO map
symbology standards.

Here's the project's (temporary) web site with screen images here:

  http://www.intrinzix.net

I can map the entire globe this way.

This project has turned out to be a fun way to use work with GIS and
it's reasonable to say that I've learned a good deal about civil
engineering as well.

I'm happy to share the source code; I should have a CVS repository up in
a few days.

Enjoy!

-Coop