[PLUG] postfix, dovecot, thunderbird?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Jan 19 19:21:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, AthlonRob wrote:

> It isn't Thunderbird not seeing them, it's Dovecot ignoring them.  If
> the folder isn't created/subscribed in Dovecot, it doesn't exist to
> Dovecot.... you can edit /path/to/Maildir/root/.subscriptions manually
> to add these additional folders if you want to.

So if I understand this correctly the folders created by procmail aren't
recognized by dovecot.

> I'd stop Dovecot while you do that, though.
>
> The way *I* set up new folders is I create them in my MUA *then* set up
> Procmail to send mail to them.

I have to create the folder using Thunderbird, ( subscribe to it, )
then create the procmail recipe(s)?

That sucks air!  Are there other options file messages that might work
better with dovecot?  A method to force dovecot (re)read the user's
mail setup?

Little more reading on dovecot is in order on my part.

Thanks,
Rod