[PLUG] Backing Up Multiple Machines

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Fri Jan 21 20:40:22 UTC 2005

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Josh Orchard wrote:
>

>> Isn't that the only way the first drive will be able to see the
>> second computer?  Unless you are using some other protocol in your
>> backup util like ftp I'd have to think you will have to mount the
>> drives first.  We mount the drives here for that exact same reason.
>
> Josh,
>

> Yup. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking a
> better/easier/more elegant way. Otherwise, sure, the tape unit doesn't
> know about anyone not local.

Well my favorite more elegant way is to have the little pixie faries
come by and do the work magically for me at night.  Unfortunately,
they tend to never show and when I've tried to explain to others that
these little fairies were suppose to backup the system they all seem
to move away from me.  :-)

Josh