[PLUG] Apache Mod Q'

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Fri Jan 21 21:50:13 UTC 2005

Quoth Paul Heinlein, on Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:11:33 -0800 (PST):

> Within the VirtualHost entry for a.org (or in any relevant .htaccess
> file), can't you just do a redirect?

Well, no, I can't do a client-side redirect for a couple of reasons.
First, I want b.net to appear as part of a.org, so I just need the munge
those URLs correctly.  Second, b.net is not a real domain, just
something I put into my server's hosts file, so that the virtual host
will work.  (This is a hack, but I'm really not sure how else to do that
using virtual hosts).

So I want apache to back out of the a.org virtual host and invoke the
one for b.net, transparently to the client.

--Jason

--
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. --
George Carlin