[PLUG] Automatic Slave updates for bind

Charlie Schluting charlie at schluting.com
Sat Jan 22 08:44:20 UTC 2005

Josh Orchard wrote:

> Understand but doesn't everyone at ISP just live to write little
> scripts, manually alter files, and configure systems all day so that
> they can justify their existence?  ;-)
>
> Josh

That's what 'make' is for. It makes these things very quick and easy.
When I add a zone, I type "make dist" and it copies a newly generated
secondary named.conf to 5 slaves, HUP's the daemon, and the world is happy.

And sure, you don't exist to do this, but if you aren't capable of
completing the task efficiently... well, I'll stop there.

And, no, it makes no sense to have a slave automatically pick up new zones.
Talk to Paul Vixie with ISC, he'll be happy to flame you about this :)

-Charlie