[PLUG] how can I mount a partition that reiserfs won't replay the journal on..

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Jan 22 19:21:54 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Brent" == Brent Rieck <bsr at spek.org> writes:

Brent> Hello, It looks like I have a bad disk and I need to get the
Brent> data that's on the disk off of the disk but reiserfsck
Brent> complains about bad blocks when replaying the journal and then
Brent> quits.  It also ignores the --no-journal-available option.
Brent> Does anybody know how I might get it mounted to get the data
Brent> off of it?

>From recent experience, you have two options:

  a) find the disk manufacturers repair floppy, boot that and let it
     "repair" bad sectors; or

  b) use dd_rescue to copy an image of the partition (as well as it
     can) off to good media.

and then run a reiserfsck repair on the image, possibly (probably??) a
--rebuild-tree.

seniorr at aracnet.com