[PLUG] NFS mount glitch

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 24 20:35:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> What does tux:/etc/exports have to say?

Paul,

/usr2	192.168.55.0/24(rw)
/usr3	192.168.55.0/24(rw)
/usr4	192.168.55.0/24(rw)

> 1. that the portmapper is running on both tux and salmo

   Yes, it is.

> 2. that the /etc/hosts.{allow,deny} files on tux don't restrict
>   traffic (since portmap is compiled against libwrap)

   /etc/hosts, /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny are the same on both
hosts.

> 3. that salmo has the IP address tux thinks it should have

   As far as I can tell from the hosts files, it does.

   This is why I'm puzzled. Tux is set up like caddis used to be and that
worked.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)