[PLUG] Full-time DB2 UDB DBA position in downtown Portland, OR

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Jan 26 03:56:48 UTC 2005

Seen on another list earlier today...

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

Full-time DB2 UDB DBA position in downtown Portland, OR

DB2 Guru

CollegeNET, Inc now provides software and web transaction services to
over 1100 higher education institutions and 400 non-profits worldwide.
We operate a modern, Linux environment: no Cobol, no mainframe, no
offshoring, no AS400, no Oracle, no SAP, no Peoplesoft, no JD Edwards,
no travel. We are seeking a seasoned DB2 UDB DBA to assist with
managing and tuning our DB2 LUW databases for 24x7 e-commerce web
services. Document existing and new database assets and policies,
assist with data modeling, and query optimization. Write shell scripts
and batch jobs for system maintenance. Coordinate disaster recovery
scenarios with sysadmins. Test new releases of DB2 and evaluate
third-party products. Work with a team to design and implement
operational data stores and ETL for reporting applications. Seeking at
least four years experience running DB2 UDB LUW in a production
environment, preferably 24x7.   We provide a beautiful office
environment, full benefits, and wages commensurate with ability and
performance. Please email your resume to resumes at collegenet.com.