[PLUG] Mozilla v. Firefox

Ovid publiustemp-plug at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 17:45:15 UTC 2005

--- "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders at acm.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Carla Schroder wrote:
> > Firefox is all fashionable
> > now, but how do they compare for developers?

> Mozilla and I believe Firefox ) and once it displays and performs
> correctly there fix the bug-a-boos that show up in IE and other
> non-compliant browsers.

Er, having cleaned out my mailbox prior to seeing the other responses,
I apologize if this has already been covered.

Whether or not I want to port an application to IE depends upon whether
or not I want to give up the benefits of Mozilla and Firefox.
Specifically, if I am trying to develop a serious application and not
just "another Web app", XUL is a very powerful tool.  I've only had the
opportunity to work with it on one project, but when I did, it made my
life much easier.  When the company saw what I could do with XUL, they
simply said "no IE."

Of course, the company is now bankrupt, but that's another story :)

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
If this message is a response to a question on a mailing list, please send
follow up questions to the list.

Web Programming with Perl -- http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/