[PLUG] Mozilla v. Firefox

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Jan 26 18:15:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    When I researched CSS and XHTML to re-do my Web site I came across many
> Web pages that document how to make various versions of IE work despite
> their different non-standard "features". The two CSS books I bought
> (cookbooks by Eric Meyer and worth the price) also mention specific
> corrections for various solutions.

Got them.  I have a paper copy Eric's first book and his second on Safari.
They are great and fun to read.
   The problem is I don't use IE and assumed Danny Goodman's book
"Javascript Bible" would have mentioned this issue but I was dodging
bullets as I was pulling the code together.  I also assumed ( poor idea
when dealing with MS ) that for the most part javascript is javascript.

I've used a couple of Eric's hacks to get IE to use proper/defined css.  I
have a couple more pages/site to fix up using them.  Now I have to check
out the Javascript.  Damn!

Rod