[PLUG] Anyone running a linux cluster ?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Jan 27 02:35:51 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Pete" == Pete Lancashire <nix at petelancashire.com> writes:

Pete> I'm just about ready to set up a Linux cluster at home for m
Pete> yown education. I did one about four years ago but things were
Pete> pretty primitive then. I can't afford much but have two
Pete> reasonably new servers (>2Ghz AMD Athlon/1GB RAM), and two older
Pete> (<=1Ghz/<=256MB RAM) servers and maybe an old HP with 2x600 Mhz
Pete> Pentium II/768MB, if I can find 3x18GB SCSI disks for it.

Pete> Just curious If anyone PLUG members have set one up before, and
Pete> suggestions on what you think are the best ways to go.

What do you plan on running on it?

seniorr at aracnet.com