[PLUG] Anyone running a linux cluster ?

Pete Lancashire nix at petelancashire.com
Thu Jan 27 02:59:18 UTC 2005

I'd like to try (learn) a few different things.

Oh..

- First a few filter of some sort, graphics, engineering,
  FEA, ray tracing etc. basically pthreads, PVM, MPI.
  This to learn the APIs etc.

- I will soon have two database products but that
  should be easy, Oracle 10g w/CRS (already done but
  removed to rebuild the PCs). And MySQL,
  especially now that 4.1.8+ is out. But to me that
  not the type of cluster I'm thinking off.

- Finally something where I know nothing about the
  math, the financial world.

- And what should be first, cluster management
  tools

-pete