[PLUG] PCI 2.2

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Jan 31 17:15:25 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Galen Seitz wrote:

> If you are asking whether your universal card is 5V or 3.3V, your
> question doesn't make sense.  A universal card is just that.  It can be
> used in either a 5V or 3.3V PCI slot.  That's why the edge connector of
> your card has two cutouts.  This is to allow it to be installed
> in either a 5V or 3.3V PCI slot.

As a follow up I received the card and it has an installation sheet that
says either a 3.3 or 5 volt slot.  Now my only issues is to whether the
PCI bus is 2.2 or greater.  During the boot I haven't noticed this, the
CMOS doesn't say anything either and after booting I see nothing from
lspci that states what version.  I assume that I can determine from the MB
manufacturer so I'll check the the model ( an ASUS PIII system) this
evening and see what I can find on the site.  In the mean time is there a
common method to determine the PCI version?

Rod