[PLUG] PCI 2.2

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Jan 31 19:41:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Galen Seitz wrote:

> The PCI 2.1 spec was released 6/1/95.  The PCI 2.2 spec was released
> 12/18/98.  The 2.2 spec incorporates 17 ECNs(Engineering Change Notices)
> to the 2.1 spec.  None of them are particularly earth shattering.  Six
> of the seventeen ECNs are mechanical.  The remaining eleven ECNs cover
> fairly specialized cases.
>
> Any PCI equipment built within the last four or five years probably
> conforms to 2.2.  Plus, I suspect your board would work fine when
> installed in a 2.1 host system.

It is pretty specialized ( per my other response ).  It is a TDM400P ( for
an Asterisk system ) and they specify PCI 2.2 .

I should find out tonight or tomorrow AM.  My concern , how , is it has a
molex (?) connector on it -- "More Power"?  OF course I should worry too
much.  I got the compter for $100 and the card cost $200.  I just don't
want to re-start from scratch.

Rod