[PLUG] Linux 1&1 Hosting

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 23:36:50 UTC 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 1:31 pm, Steve Bonds wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with 1&1 hosting?
> (http://www.1and1.com)  They seem pretty darn cheap for a basic domain
> hosting and simple website setup ($6/month) but often there's a
> flip-side to cheapness.
>
> Anyone have good/bad/ugly experiences to share?

I'll be interested in the responses to this, too.

My only experience with them is going to their site, just a few minutes ago,
at the link you provided. It took a couple of minutes to load. Not a
particularly good sign, but I noticed that they were preloading a ton of
images. Maybe just an unfortunate site design choice.

What they have to offer sounds interesting, and I'll look into it some more,
but I share your hesitation. I guess it's one of those situations where, "if
it sounds to good to be true, then what's the catch?"

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/