[PLUG] iPod with Linux?

Carlos Konstanski ckonstan at lunarlogic.com
Sat Jul 2 19:59:19 UTC 2005

http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2005-02/msg00216.html

This posting went to the ends of the issue.  To sum up:

Use a package called gtkpod.  It's a GTK gui app for managing tunes on
the ipod.  Use FAT32 formatting on the ipod for now because there's no
fsck utility for HFS+ at this time, though you can hack the HFS+ driver
a bit to work around that.  It's all in the OSX Middleware thread.

Carlos