[PLUG] iPod with Linux?

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Jul 3 06:22:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, John Jordan wrote:
> Yep, it is. It says:
>
> /dev/sda3 on /media/iPod type hfsplus
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000)
>
> And when I did modprobe hfsplus I didn't get any error messages. So I
> must have HFS+ support.

Sure.  But I still recommend making the thing VFAT for the aforementioned
portability issues.  It's really nice to use your ipod as a portable file
storage device.

> So it must be a permissions thing. Back to researching chmod
> syntax. :)

Nope.  You need to research modifying your automounter to set the
permissions properly when it attaches the device.

You probably just need to add a "user" option to the entry in
/etc/auto.removable (or /etc/auto.something).

J.
--
      Jeme A Brelin
     jeme at brelin.net