[PLUG] iPod with Linux?

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 3 19:32:47 UTC 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# John Jordan
# on Sunday 03 July 2005 09:13 am:

> Then
>I did a search of the whole filesystem for *auto*.*. That brought up
>122 files, but none looked like it. I also searched for *mount*.*,
>which turned up hundreds of files.

Try looking at your packages and documentation before your filesystem.

apt-cache search automount
apt-cache search mount | grep -i auto

(then look to see which of those packages is installed)

Also try apropos

  apropos mount

Some of the man pages actually tell you about configuration files (the
ones in section 5.)  Sorry I don't know a more elegant way than this:

  apropos '' | grep '(5)'

--Eric
--
"I've often gotten the feeling that the only people who have learned
from computer assisted instruction are the authors."