[PLUG] NFS Question

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed Jul 6 18:10:36 UTC 2005

I haven't been using nfs is quite some time, and Linux/nfs has improved
significantly (At least, people say it has.).

In any case, what parameters should I use on the server side to get
optimal performance without losing data.  At the moment, the only thing
I'm doing is to use:

/home/            server01.DavidMandel.com(rw,setuid,no_root_squash)

in /etc/exports on the server and

server01.DavidMandel.com:/home /home nfs
                   rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,intr,bg,tcp

in /etc/fstab on the client side.

This seems to work, but I haven't tested it very well yet and I'm
not at all sure the rsize and wsize are correct and/or needed.
I'm including them mostly because they improved performance when
I was using non-Linux servers.

Anyone have a recommendation that could save me time on
experimentation?

                                          Thanks,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist