[PLUG] SuSE 9.3 Install - "Searching for info file..."

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 14:28:35 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 3:04 am, Alan wrote:

> > The first CD loads, and I select "Installation" from the first screen.
< <...> >
> > Any ideas on what to try next?
>
> Looks like it cannot find the CD drive.  What kind of drive and what ide
> interface is it on?  Is the CD drive using "cable select"?  (If so,
> remove the CS jumper.)

The install booted from the CD. Is it possible for it to see the drive and
then lose site of the drive?

Earlier I had tried to use Knoppix to figure out what the network card was,
without opening up the box. Knoppix was unable to find a file system. I
wondered if this box had something special done to it to make messing with
the drive harder, but I was able to erase the partition tables and later
install RH 7.0 from an old CD set, so I don't think it's the CD or the hard
drive.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints avaliable at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/