[PLUG] Resolved: Forward headers with KMail

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 20:03:30 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 11:50 am, Carla Schroder wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 10:06 am, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> > So, even though KMail's documentation says they are including the
> > original headers, I don't find them. I tried Forward->Inline, and
> > Forward->Redirect, too, but did not get the original headers in those,
> > either.
>
> The sure-fire way is View -> All headers, then copy it into a text file.
> Then attach the file and send it away.

Well, that makes sense. I guess it's too simple to be obvious. Thanks for the
idea. I'll do that until I convert to Thunderbird. I've been happy with KMail
for the most part, but a couple of limitations have turned up, like this
forward as attachment thing (which I've discovered Thunderbird does
correctly), and the limited organizational possibilities of KMail's address
book. I've only had Thunderbird on the machine for a couple of weeks, and
have only used it once or twice.

BTW, this is KMail 1.6.2 (Using KDE 3.2.1) which installs with SuSE 9.1,
should someone look at this in the future and have different results on their
own version.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints avaliable at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/