[PLUG] Re: Off To Canada, Redux

Vram lamsokvr at xprt.net
Fri Jul 15 15:42:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 08:34 -0700, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On 7/14/05 10:18 PM, Alan wrote:
>
> > I find that "inconceivable".
>
> You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
> means. :-)
>

>From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48
[gcide]:

  Inconceivable \In`con*ceiv"a*ble\, a. [Pref. in- not +
     conceivable: cf. F. inconcevable.]
     Not conceivable; incapable of being conceived by the mind;
     not explicable by the human intellect, or by any known
     principles or agencies; incomprehensible; as, it is
     inconceivable to us how the will acts in producing muscular
     motion.
     [1913 Webster]

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 [wn]:

  inconceivable
       adj : totally unlikely [syn: {impossible}, {out of the question},
             {unimaginable}]