[PLUG] Image file association in KDE

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 15:57:01 UTC 2005

# from Richard C. Steffens
# on Friday 15 July 2005 08:28 am:

>now, instead of displaying the file,
>Konqueror asks me what program to use to open the file. Konqueror
> itself, is not on the list of programs to open an image.

You mean it's not in the "images" folder of your k-menu?  That doesn't
really matter.  I don't think you can just type "konqueror" in the
blank though (does that make a loop or no?)

>Any idea what I need to do to restore the default?

You need to enable the "embedded viewer".  There's another tab on the
file-associations dialog.  This is what you get if you click on the
image.  Middle-click may still send it to the external program which
appears first in the list (like gimp.)  I think the behavior may have
changed in some subtle way between versions.  I've had the same sort of
confusion.

--Eric
--
Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to
predict the future is to invent it.