[PLUG] Python Lists and File Reads

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Sat Jul 16 00:19:53 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I'd greatly appreciate your (collective) suggestions on what python
> documents I should read.

Why are you using Python in the first place?  After having used Bash,
then a bit of perl, then a bit of C and C++, then python and a lot more
Perl, I really don't care much for Python.  It's not like the other kids.

I wouldn't jump in to a python project without a better grasp of the
language such how to manipulate strings or utilize functions and all
that jazz.  IMHO, perl is a much sharper tool for most jobs.

That said, Python is an interesting language that *is* quite useful for
many jobs... a lot of folks really love it and do amazing things with
it.  But if you're struggling with it, I'd suggest using something that
might be more familiar for you.  :-)

Rob