[PLUG] Announcement: Clinic update

Dan Haskell danh at f2it.com
Sat Jul 16 00:47:01 UTC 2005

A few things:

1) We will be in the "build workshop area", which is the back room, and
there will be signs.

2) Free Geek has monitors, mice, keyboards, patch cables, and network
drops, so you don't have to bring any of that. If you're new to Linux and
are doing a new install, then you should bring your own monitor (so that
we get the settings right.)

3) I will grab a parking spot close to the Fair for a loading/unloading
zone. Look for a large white sign that says "Linux Clinic unloading".

4) We're going to need some volunteers who are willing to take turns
protecting the loading/unloading zone.

5) We will bring stickers and sharpies so you can label your equipment.
It's always best to avoid misunderstandings. :)

6) Free Geek just got a thousand new Ubuntu disks and they're willing to
share.

7) The Clinic session will only be from 1-4pm, but the Geek Fair runs from
1-7pm. So everyone should have a chance to check-out the other activities.

On a non-Linux related note, it looks like the Chunkathalon will be held
at Free Geek this year too - Labor Day weekend. Definitely something to be
experienced. http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/

Dan