[PLUG] OMR Scanner Need Resolved

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 19 03:59:38 UTC 2005

   As I washed the dinner dishes I thought of how to re-structure the form
I'll be  using. I can eliminate 7 bubble columns (leaving a total of 10) and
print it all on a page 82.5mm wide. We'll use a paper slicer to cut off the
excess.

   This width form will let me use a portable OMR reader that retails for $750
and can read up to 12 columns (plus 2 timing tracks). That's about the lowest
cost solution I've found. And, with TeX and PSTricks, printing the
appropriate size bubbles in exactly the right places is almost trivial; just
a lot of trial-and-error or very careful measuring.

Thanks all,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President      | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)  | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"