[PLUG] do you know what "configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined" means?

Ted Kubaska tkubaska at ieee.org
Tue Jul 19 00:34:49 UTC 2005

I installed the latest Cygwin (1.5.18-1) on my Windows machine (please no flames about why I would want to do this) and then tried to build gmp. This is the gmp that comes with cygwin.

I get an error when I configure. The error is
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
creating config.m4
configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.