[PLUG] Kernel panic. Need help!!!

James H. Webb jimwebb at charter.net
Tue Jul 19 11:54:29 UTC 2005

I went into to check my RH 8 or 9 box that has been running since 2000 this
morning.  The screen was frozen and my keyboard was flashing.  I attempted
to reboot and received several messages.  One was kernel panic.  Another
reboot attempted went to the message of uncompressing linux. crc error.
System halted.  One other attempt noticed that the system had shut down
uncleanly.  It went through some of the filesystem checks and halted with
CPU content corrupted.

What to do at this point????  I think my system is hosed.

TIA,

Jim