[PLUG] SuSE 9.3 Install - "Searching for info file..."

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Jul 23 02:42:56 UTC 2005

Ron Braithwaite	wrote:

> Richard C. Steffens wrote:
>
>>The hard drive is the only drive on one cable, and the CD is the only drive
>>on the other cable. The CD is jumpered as Master.
>

> Hmmm. Just for the heck of it, remove that jumper and try again, please.

When I boot the machine with the jumper removed, the BIOS does not see
the CD drive.

I successfully installed SuSE 9.1 from the single CD that uses the
network connection to do most of the work.

I tried booting from the 9.3 install CD and it still hangs at the point
where it's "Searching for info file...".

I'm going to try the SuSE 9.2 single CD install next.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints available at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/