[PLUG] Failure to bootup PC

Glenn Anderson g.c.anderson at verizon.net
Mon Jul 25 04:01:34 UTC 2005

 I went through something like this a year ago and thought I was having a
thermal problem.  Sometimes my XP box would boot OK and run for a while,
other times it wouldn't completely boot without croaking.  It turned out to
be a bad memory stick.  I found this out after running a little boot
diagnostic my 13 year old son found for me (doh!). This is my second attempt
to mail this, my ISP blocked the first message since I attached the
executable file.  It's called "mtinst.exe" and can be found on the Microsoft
site [somewhere].  Hope it helps.

    Glenn